Ever since the last week of October, I've had this mystery allergic reaction developing on my face. It's been freaking me out, because it was similar to the reaction that I had when I found out that I was allergic to benzyl peroxide. But this time the reaction was constantly changing - super dry one day, moist *ugh, I know we hate that word* the next, patchy, bumpy, UGH! Of course, I want to pile on the colour correcting makeup, but I know that I have to be very sparing with my coverage, as to not anger my skin any further.
I didn't want to completely hide the allergic reaction, because that would require A LOT of makeup, and could have resulted in making the reaction worse. My goal has been to make it look like I'm just trying to cover up a bit of a break-out, and not a create a caked-on, full fledged "my skin is rejecting itself" look.
So here's what I have been using to disguise the red-ness.
Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer - My only attempt at balancing out the red-ness. This primer is my one and only, and never lets me down. It applies with a creamy consistency, and although it doesn't make the discolouration in my skin disappear, it gives my skin a great starting point.
Maybelline New York Dream Matte Mousse - For those light to medium coverage days, I apply this foundation with a stipple brush. It's light enough to not clog my pores, but provides a light enough coverage to hide any in-your-face redness.
e.l.f. Instant Life Brow Pencil - That's right, my favourite bargain brand has created their answer to the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, and it only costs $2 US. It comes with a spoolie attached, which mans that it's travel friendly, and it makes for a speedy brow routine.
essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara - Normally I curl my lashes, then apply mascara. However because the skin near my eyes has fallen victim to the mystery allergy, I don't want to fiddle with anything in that area. However, this mascara (which I reviewed HERE) has stepped up to the plate. It contributes nicely to a natural look, and I found that although I didn't pre-curl my lashes, this mascara added a little bit of curl for me.
MAC Prep + Prime CC Colour Correcting Compact - Because I need the yellow to balance out the dark circles that has developed from me staying up all night scratching my face. Boom.
eos Lip Balm - That's right - I can't even sport lipstick these days. In order to speed up the healing process, it's multiple daily applications of lip balm.
And that's been my go-to makeup routine as of late. I really miss playing with eyeshadow. I'm hoping to find a good dermatologist to get to the bottom of this, so cross your fingers and toes that I heal quickly.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear your thoughts!