So why not celebrate the upcoming season with some fresh new haircare?
Whole Blends is the latest innovation from Garnier. It is a collection that focuses on having a gentle paraben-free formula, that uses select enriched ingredients that give back - the featured ingredients are purchased fairly and in a sustainable fashion, to support local farmers and communities.
Garnier Whole Blends line contains six different scents - each scents targeting a certain hair issue.
- Repairing: Honey Treasures - for damaged hair
- Smoothing: Coconut Oil & Cocoa Butter - for frizzy, dry, unmanageable hair
- Hydrating: Coconut Water & Vanilla Milk - for dehydrated hair
- Refreshing: Green Apple & Green Tea - to boost shine
- Nourishing: Avocado Oil & Shea Butter - for dry hair
- Colour-Care: Argan Oil & Cranberry - for colour-treated hair
I tried out the Green Apple & Green Tea shampoo and conditioner.
Review:
Let's start off with the smell, because that's usually my #1 concern when using new hair products (well, that, and that it doesn't strip my colour). I expected this shampoo to smell like a green apple Jolly Rancher - you know, suuuper sweet, and a bit artificial-smelling. But it didn't - it smelled lovely. The green apple is definitely present, but the green tea really mellows out the scent. I remember opening the bottle to smell it, and my brother walked past me, did a double-take, and said "Ooooh, what's that? Smells good". The shampoo does have a stronger scent than the conditioner. If the shampoo smelled like green apple & green tea, the conditioner smelled like a green apple & green tea sorbet.
The main reason I love the smell of the green apple & green tea line probably only applies to me - the fruity-ness of it reminds me of when I used to bug my mom and make her buy a bunch of Herbal Essences products, for the sole reason that Britney Spears was in the commercials. Once I started using those fruity/fresh smelling shampoos, I was absolutely hooked. I'll have to pick up the Argan Oil & Cranberry shampoo and conditioner, to work into my shower routine because it'll work well with my colour-treated hair.
The shampoo lathered up nicely, and made noticeably less knots during the shampooing process, than I usually experience. The conditioner was good and thick, and felt absolutely amazing when I was washing it out - it felt super smooth, like when you wash mousse out of your hair. My hair did look shinier, but I should mention that I also use an argan oil spray, after I shower, to fight the dry-ness that I've been experiencing this winter (which may have contributed to the shine).
The only issue that I had was the presence of the scent, if I used too much shampoo. The first time I used Whole Blends I sort of overdid it with the shampoo, then let my hair air dry - ALL I could smell was the overwhelming scent of green apple & green tea. Although I liked the smell, it was too much of a good thing. The next time I used it, I used less product, as well as used a hair dryer, and the issue went away.
So which Whole Blends will you be grabbing?
Products in this post were provided for consideration.



I would grab the hydrating and repair. My hair needs both of them
ReplyDeleteGreat review! Thanks :)
ReplyDelete