Saturday, 3 December 2016

Quo Brow Beauty Eyebrow Kit - Review, Swatches, Before & After

I'm back with another piece from the Quo Holiday 2016 collection (Quo Luxury Lipstick Wardrobe Review HERE)!

quo brow beauty eyebrow kit holiday 2016 review swatches before and after

Today we're talking brows.

I've reviewed a Quo brow kit before, but it wasn't my cup of tea (Review HERE).  But the holiday 2016 brow kit is new and improved!

It comes in red and gold packaging, and includes a mirror, fold-out instructions, a highlight powder, blonde powder, brunette powder, setting wax, three eyebrow stencils, a flat angled brush, a spoolie, and tweezers.

quo brow beauty eyebrow kit holiday 2016 review swatches before and after

quo brow beauty eyebrow kit holiday 2016 review swatches before and after

quo brow beauty eyebrow kit holiday 2016 review swatches before and after

quo brow beauty eyebrow kit holiday 2016 review swatches before and after

I opted to go sans-stencil, as my brows are unique little snowflakes that refuse to conform to a single shape.  I applied the brunette powder to the tail end of my eyebrow, and mixed the blonde and the brow powder to do the inner part of my brow (the blonde was fairly light, so I mixed it with the darker powder, to make it blend in more with my natural brows).  I set my brows with the wax, and applied the higlighting powder to the underside of my brow and my browbone.

quo brow beauty eyebrow kit holiday 2016 review swatches before and after

quo brow beauty eyebrow kit holiday 2016 review swatches before and after

This kit is definitely an upgrade from previous Quo brow kits.  Not only because you receive more pieces (spoolie, tweezers, etc), but the powders are much more subtle.  The blonde and the brown powders are much less intense than previous releases, and are much less red-toned (it still had some red to it, but definitely less than before).  I really like the addition of the browbone highlight (which at first I thought was matte, but it actually had some sheen to it), even though it had a bit of kick-up.  I did however find that the setting wax made my brows kind of shiny.  All in all, I think this kit is a great gift option for the "beginner brow" person in your life.

You can find the Quo Brow Beauty Eyebrow Kit for $20.00 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Press samples featured

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus